Associate Director - Operating Model and Transformation
- Operational Advisory, Operational Transformation, Operational Excellence, & Target Operating Model
- Collaborate and link across borders and globally with sector and technical experts
- Career advancement opportunities
KPMG is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
Our Operations Advisory team in Sydney continues to grow, assisting leading companies across all industries driving sustainable improvements across their business. We assist our clients to identify opportunities to improve their business efficiency and effectiveness; building capability and bringing new technology to successfully execute against these objectives. The team draws on a combination of professional talented people, powerful KPMG methodologies and global resources.
Why join our Operations Advisory Team?
Our Operational Advisory team works with leading companies across industries, translating business and customer needs into leading services and processes. Our focus for this role includes partnering with Financial Services organisations. Our team draws on a combination of professional talented people, powerful KPMG methodologies, and a range of global resources and partnerships.
As an Associate Director with 10-15 years of relevant experience, you will have a successful track record in the Financial Services sector. You may have worked in redesigning operating models, operations improvement, management consulting or operational management related environments - if you think your background brings something to the table – we want to hear from you!
Key responsibilities will include:
- Being part of a team, which is growing KPMG’s operations advisory services in Operating Model transformation;
- Leading one or more client engagements or components of large-scale transformation engagements, as well as individually contributing quality work on the engagement;
- Leading and coaching others in engagements with clients, and mentoring staff as they grow their capabilities, careers and client service impact;
- Showing initiative and capability to work closely with clients with limited requirement for direction on delivery/technical matters on complex projects;
- Undertaking and leading Business Development activities that will directly contribute to the growth of the business and your career opportunities;
- Supporting the coordination of the NSW Operating Model Team and pipeline management;
- Collaborating with the national team and promoting the Operating Model methodology through knowledge sharing activities.
How are you Extraordinary?
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
Experience in Management Consulting in a similar capacity is highly desirable, or an ability to demonstrate a background in significant operational change initiatives coupled with consulting experience;
- Demonstrated ability to apply structured thinking and analysis techniques to complex and ambiguous problems;
- Experience in target operating model design and transformation programs;
- Proven ability to translate business and customer needs into best practice people, process, technology and operation design requirements, with experience in implementing the designs within core and enabling functions;
- Experience or exposure to the practical application of continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, TPS, Systems Thinking, TQM or MOS;
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skill;
- Experience in structured problem solving and advanced analytical skills;
- Experience undertaking business requirement analysis;
- A supporting tertiary qualification is highly advantageous.
The KPMG Difference:
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess, and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBTQ+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!