KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, and drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
KPMG's Management Consulting division is looking for individuals who are passionate about Cyber Security and risk to join their growing Cyber Security Strategy & Governance team in Melbourne as Manager on a permanent basis. This opportunity will require you to play an active role in growing KPMG's Technology, Risk and Cyber Security service line with a focus on clients in the Financial Services sector.
You will work closely with clients to evaluate their business strategy, understand their technology environment and provide recommendations to enable them to improve their ability to respond to Cyber risks and threats.
This role will focus on delivery, development of high performing teams and business development, and will see you working with people from across KPMG to ensure we are able to communicate and deliver on the KPMG customer promise. Your day to day activities will include:
- Assisting our clients to manage cyber risks in a way that enhances their ability to meet business objectives, stakeholder expectations and compliance obligations.
- Performing gap and maturity assessments between the security processes and operations of our clients against recognised global and domestic standards and regulations (e.g. ISO 27001, NIST CSF, VPDSF, PSPF, etc.).
- Developing reports to provide our clients with insight on where they stand when measured against relevant industry practices.
- Improving our clients' understanding and management of risk in technology through designing and implementing effective controls over technology assets.
- Expanding the technical skills at the Senior Consultant and Consultant levels in the existing team.
- Supporting the senior leadership team (i.e. Associate Directors, Directors and Partners) with proposals, bids, business and practice development.
- Further developing your consulting skills in a range of technology services, such as IT security strategy, governance, sourcing, risk and resilience.
- Leading junior staff to deliver the appropriate outcomes.
How are you Extraordinary?
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills and experience must include:
- Impeccable written and very strong verbal communication skills.
- One or more of the following certifications – CISSP, CISM, Certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS Certified Security – Specialty, Microsoft Azure Security Technologies [AZ-500], ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Lead Auditor, and IRAP.
- The ability to prepare or oversee the preparation of very high-quality client-ready deliverables to the senior leadership team for review.
- Strong presentation skills including an ability to explain technical issues in non-technical language
- A background in cyber security consulting, audit or risk management.
- Business development experience, including responding to opportunities and building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Tertiary qualification.
- Experience working across multiple teams, delivery groups and stakeholders.
- Experience with digital assessment platforms.
Additionally, the following qualifications, skills and experience are preferred but not required:
- Current or previous experience working in a Big-4 firm.
- Being a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Holding at least Baseline Vetting security clearance.
The KPMG Difference
At KPMG, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ages, religions, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, those with a disability, women and people with a cultural or linguistically diverse background.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life.
KPMG has a decade-long, proud commitment to Indigenous Australia, as demonstrated by the achievement of an Elevate level Reconciliation Action Plan. KPMG is a foundation member and Principal Partner of Pride in Diversity started in Australia by ACON and the Diversity Council of Australia, and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace. KPMG Australia has been consistently recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) annual index.