KPMG is a dynamic and trusted professional services firm operating in a continually changing and evolving environment. Our core business is helping our clients solve complex challenges. We achieve this through facilitating change, transformation and growth for our clients so they can exceed their organisational goals. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
How are you Extraordinary
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
You will have the chance to support our clients in Defence and Government by implementing new tools and existing proven frameworks. Your passion for developing client solutions will be enhanced by the following highly desirable skills:
- Prior experience working on Defence and/or Government Projects
- Knowledge or experience of the Defence Capability Lifecycle is desirable
- Highly developed communication, writing, analytical and research skills
- A desire to collaborate in teams on short and long term projects
- Proven track record in contributing to and delivering projects successfully
- An interest in personal development and willingness to learn new techniques
- Strong stakeholder consultation skills and the ability to adapt, manage and work effectively with people from diverse skills and backgrounds
Tertiary qualifications and experience in a Defence environment or other fields as relevant will help your transition to our team, though we will make sure you are assisted and mentored during your career journey with us.
You should also be an Australian Citizen or have the ability to obtain a government security clearance. We highly value applicants with a current AGSVA security clearance.Our People
Our people are focused on creating an inclusive environment that embraces and values diversity. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess, and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBTQI+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to flexibility allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life.
Working at KPMG you will:
- Immerse yourself in our inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Choose the way you want to work by embracing our flexible work arrangements
- Make a real difference in your community through our social and environmental programs
- Grow, learn and develop as a professional consultant through our industry leading mentor program
- Gain valuable experience of working to solve the challenges faced by our Defence personnel
- Have a tangible outcome on projects that are directly aligned with out core values of Integrity, Excellence, Courage, Together for Better.
Why join our Policy, Program & Evaluation (PP&E) team?
Working in Policy, Program & Evaluation (PP&E) is a great way to contribute to our community. We work shoulder to shoulder with our clients to help them address their biggest challenges.
PP&E is part of the KPMG Enterprise Transformation Group, where we work with experts in KPMG’s program management and people and change practices to support our clients to adapt to meet the challenges of a dynamic environment and set themselves up for continuing success.
Our PP&E practice in Canberra is looking for exceptional candidates at the Senior Consultant, Manager and Associate Director level to join their team, who are interested in working on Department of Defence and Defence industry projects. You can also have the opportunity to work with a wide range of government and non-government clients beyond Defence on projects with people from different areas within KPMG. The projects we undertake include:
- Policy and system reviews
- Strategic advice on policy, structural and governance reforms
- Program reviews and evaluations
- Business cases and feasibility studies
- Regulatory advisory and best practice administration of regulation.
You have the opportunity to work across a variety of projects, allowing you to develop as a consultant in varying fields and avoid the issues of becoming bored and stagnant. An overview of the different roles you could perform are:
- Providing support to the development of client deliverables
- Providing analysis and input into client deliverables
- Taking ownership of small to medium sized projects, with help from senior team members
- Assisting with communication and stakeholder engagement
- Developing relationships with clients
- Establishing and managing key project and program management documents and processes
- Developing and supporting project and program performance status reports
- Leading the development of client deliverables
- Oversee the day-to-day delivery of client engagements
- Bringing together knowledge from teams across our firm with deep experience in People & Change, Customer Analytics & Design, Transformation, Technology Strategy & Enablement and Financial Management
- Providing leadership to build the capacity of our delivery teams and integrating capabilities from across the firm, to ensure client engagements are delivered to the highest quality by implementing the right program and project management disciplines.
- Contribute to the development of both KPMG people and take the lead on innovation activities
- Manage multiple projects while providing advanced technical knowledge for solutions to clients
- Perform high level stakeholder engagement and lead practice management for your team
- Undertaking business development and other market facing activities that contribute to growing our business. This will include leading teams that produce winning proposals via RFP, RFT and RFQ processes
The KPMG Difference
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!