KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
Our Compliance and Conduct team supports clients to manage regulatory challenges, review effectiveness of their risk and compliance frameworks, and deliver enduring and sustainable compliance function outcomes. The team is made up of highly capable and experienced compliance professionals who have worked across various industries including education, government, energy and financial services. Our team works collaboratively and utilises technology to ensure that clients’ compliance needs are addressed in a way that is efficient, practical and fit for purpose.
KPMG’s Compliance and Conduct team is looking for a highly talented professional who will be responsible for delivering high quality advisory services to a variety of organizations. This includes contributing to the day-to-day management of client engagements, including liaising with clients, assessing and analysing information and documentation.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the Compliance and Conduct team’s broader objectives and client engagements which include assisting clients address challenges related to compliance management, regulatory change, conduct risk, privacy & data security, responding to regulatory actions and remediation programs.
You will play a key role in growing the Compliance and Conduct team’s presence and market share in the growing Brisbane market.
- Working collaboratively to design, implement, and/or carry out compliance management practices for clients across different sectors and industries;
- Leading and/or assisting with compliance framework reviews for clients across various industries, focusing on assessing either overall framework design and/or assessing the design or operating effectiveness or elements of clients’ compliance arrangements, such as:
- Monitoring and supervision arrangements;
- Governance and reporting arrangements;
- Processes for managing regulatory change; and/or
- Breach reporting & complaints management processes;
- Interpreting and assisting clients in the application of regulatory obligations, industry standards and best practice principles;
- Contributing to the provision of training to clients in relation to their regulatory obligations;
- Assisting clients with the interactions with regulators, including license applications breach reporting and enforceable undertakings;
- Leading and/or assisting with the delivery of multiple projects and work streams, working closely with colleagues across Compliance and Conduct, and other KPMG departments where applicable;
- Leading and/or assisting with Business Development initiatives, including assisting with proposal development, preparing case studies and contributing to white-papers, KPMG newsroom articles and marketing collateral;
- Assist with the supervision, training and development of more junior team members; and
- Developing strong relationships with clients, maintaining these relationships after engagement completion and assisting in the achievement of the Compliance and Conduct’s business development strategy.
How are you Extraordinary?
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
With an enthusiasm to deliver quality in everything you do, you are commercially minded, detail focused and interested in working across a broad range of industries. You will have:
- Tertiary qualification preferably in commerce, law or similar;
- Industry qualifications (completed or in progress) such as Certificate IV in Compliance and Risk Management, will be viewed favorably;
- Four to Six years’ recent experience in risk and/or compliance roles in any sector and/or with regulatory bodies;
- In particularly, compliance experience in the Energy, Resources and/or Government sectors;
- Knowledge and practical experience in the application of regulatory and industry standards, eg: ISO 19600 – Compliance Management Systems, ISO 31000 – Risk Management, ASIC regulatory guidance, etc;
- Hands-on experience in designing, implementing and/or carrying out compliance management practices; and
- Experience leading projects or teams will be looked upon favorably; and
- Experience in business development, thought leadership and/or marketing will be looked upon favorably.
Other related experience will also be looked upon favourably.
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!