- Got big plans for your career? Ours are even bigger
- Interested in a career beyond technology architecture, design, implementation or project management?
- With a diverse range of projects, we’ll have you working with Australia’s most respected companies from day one.
- Work with Australia's most respected Technology Advisory companies
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
The Technology Advisory team is growing to meet an increasing demand from a broad range of industries that need to transform their IT capabilities to modern business challenges. From technology transformation through IT strategy, technology architecture, digital strategy, business cases, investment roadmaps, IT operating model evolution and more.
Our work sees us engaging with a range of senior business and technology stakeholders. We work to establish solutions to complex technology challenges that support business objectives. From high level analysis through to detailed technical requirements.
Our team consists of both IT and business professionals who understand the role of technology in business and who are able to effectively deal with all stakeholders. Our team has a range of backgrounds from management consulting, digital strategy, finance, IT operations systems design, solution architecture. They have capabilities spanning IT financial management, project delivery, enterprise architecture, strategy development, technology sourcing and operating model design. All with a single goal to help clients understand their problems and determine and deliver optimal solutions.
We are seeking suitable applicants to cater for our growing business.
Who you are
You will have an established career in an existing business technology role or as a management consultant. You have both a strong interest in technology a track record of maximising its value to business. You will have experience in managing or delivering technology change in business and are seeing further opportunities to develop your knowledge and capabilities to drive your career to its next stage.
We are looking for exceptional people who are committed to investing in the development of their career as a technology advisory consultant. You will have a blend of skills from both financial and technical knowledge to the critical emotional intelligence and client facing soft skills, with an appreciation for quality and delivering outcomes.
You will bring to the role
- A strong interest in expanding your career in Technology consulting and in supporting business to maximise their technology investments.
- Experience in either a professional technology consulting, business technology management, technology business management, IT Finance or management consulting role.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication, with proven ability to deliver written deliverable’s including reports and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member within a collaborative team environment.
- Skills and familiarity with the all aspects of a project including ability to facilitate workshops, influence/ guide key stakeholders and support team members
- Experience in commercial management of technology and technology costs including aligning technology investment to business strategies, performing analysis on cost-out IT strategies, IT chargeback and show-back and optimisation of supplier contracts.
- Experience performing analysis and participating projects in two or more of the following disciplines:
- Business requirements and problem analysis
- IT Architecture (Any domain. Infrastructure, Application, Data, Integration, Security etc)
- Project finance
- Agile delivery methods (including software development, testing, CICD, DevOps)
- Strategy development (business and/or technology)
- IT Financial management
- IT Sourcing
- IT Project Management
- You will be able to demonstrate the ability to apply structured thinking and analysis techniques to complex and ambiguous problems. Financial analysis and modelling skillsets are highly desirable.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification/s. Experience at a Management Consultancy firm in a similar capacity is viewed favourably.
- Existing baseline security clearance is viewed favourably.
Your new role
- To provide technology advice to our clients across a wide range of technology issues and capabilities.
- To work within an experienced team to analyse, workshop and present insights and recommendations enabled by structured thinking, technical knowledge and exceptional communication skills.
- To support engagement pursuits including opportunity identification, qualification, planning, proposal development, presentation and contracting.
- To assist with the development of KPMG service offerings across IT strategy, architecture, IT service management, infrastructure and IT Operating Model design.
- To within an experienced team to support engagements with client, vendor and KPMG teams to understand root cause issues, potential solutions and articulate business benefits.
- To develop your skills, capabilities and knowledge to become one of the future technology leader’s at KPMG.
What we offer you
KPMG is one of the world's leading professional services networks. It comprises over 155,000 people in member firms in more than 155 countries. We bring our clients the best minds and the deepest industry experiences from across the KPMG network of firms. We provide a culture of learning and support in which professionals can flourish and discover their true potential.
We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
At KPMG we offer you:
- Ongoing learning and career development opportunities, including global secondments.
- The ability to collaborate and link across borders and globally with sector and technical experts in all parts of our business.
- The ability to be involved in KPMG's support of numerous organisations in the areas of education, social inclusion and health including our Reconciliation Action Plan and Global Green Initiative.
- A culture focused on agile, collaborative working environments supported by cutting edge technology and virtual systems.
KPMG needs and values diversity. It makes us a more vibrant and interesting place in which to work. It makes us a stronger, smarter, more innovative and responsive organisation and it's central to our culture. We've been named by the Australia Government's EOWA as an Employer of Choice for Women for six consecutive years, and rank fourth in the Australian Workplace Equality Index. We have world-class women's only development programs and networking events to ensure we retain all of our talent including women, and now have 50 percent female managers across the firm.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBTI+ workplace inclusion. Our inclusive culture supports our people’s development and reward irrespective of gender, ethnicity, flexible work status, sexual orientation or disability.
Flexibility allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Go Beyond Your Potential. Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.