KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
KPMG’s Innovation, Solutions & Ventures portfolio ideate, incubate, coordinate and scale new tech-enabled solutions and emerging technology capabilities. The team combines a diverse skillset across data, intelligent automation, emerging technology, product management and innovation to deliver unique solutions to our clients.
Our culture is characterised by a fun start-up mentality combined with professional entrepreneurship. Our team is made up of passionate people who want to deliver value to clients in a new context, in which we connect in-depth specialist knowledge with the latest technological possibilities. We are looking for people who want to take on this challenge with us and are ready to contribute to the growth of the firm.
High Growth Ventures is KPMG’s dedicated start-up team, focused on supporting the Australian start-up ecosystem and helping founders achieve sustained high performance. High Growth Ventures is KPMG’s fast-growing, dynamic team committed to working differently with founders with our unique founder-first approach.
As the Account Manager you will successfully manage, nurture and grow our existing HGV customer portfolio. In this role, you are responsible for:
- Strategic account management, building long term relationships with our customers
- Establishing and fostering a thriving community for portfolio clients and key external stakeholders including venture capitalists.
Driving sales and Portfolio Development
- Develop and implement account management plans for existing customers to nurture relationships and drive account growth across key performance metrics.
- Identify new upsell and renewal opportunities with existing client portfolio.
- Achieve sales quota and demonstrate effective management of pipeline against agreed targets.
- Maintain average deal size by proper qualification and negotiation with account managed clients.
- Identify opportunities to create new product offerings for account managed clients.
Fostering community & building networks
- Lead development of relationship with key customer stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate a program of business and industry updates to clients including delivery of thought leadership and events.
- Attend industry or related events and network with external peers / industry contacts.
- Establish professional and competent persona to the start-up market in Australia by establishing and actively running a community for startups and VC’s.
How are you Extraordinary?
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
- To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- 2 years + experience in a B2B quota carrying role within a sales team.
- Start-up experience preferred (i.e.: servicing start-ups as clients, or previous experience working for a start-up)
- Proven ability to create compelling proposals and value propositions. Including proficiencies with the tools to develop proposals including Excel and PowerPoint.
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess, and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!