Senior Consultant - Tech Risk
Job no: 511679
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Division: Management Consulting
- Immerse yourself in our inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Choose the way you want to work by embracing our flexible work arrangements
- Collaborate with sector and technical experts to grow your knowledge and network
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
KPMG’s Technology Risk and Assurance team is looking for Senior Consultants to join their growing team on a permanent basis.
The purpose of this role is to:
- To lead the delivery of IT risk & assurance services, including IT external and IT internal audits, service organisation controls reporting, IT risk assessments and IT project assurance reviews in multiple industries, to KPMG clients
- To assist with the development of the IT aspects of client audit plans and the scoping of individual IT audit projects and risk mitigation activities
- To manage day to day engagements with client, vendor and KPMG teams to ensure that all technology aspects of audit plans are delivered on time, on budget and in line with timelines
- To support the growth and development of more junior team members through technical training, skills coaching and mentoring
- To support the KPMG Partner and Manager group in business development activities, including assisting with the development of proposals for new business
- To remain abreast of developments in technology, internal audit and IT risk management to ensure that KPMG’s approach remains fresh and at the forefront of industry thinking
How are you Extraordinary?
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Strong written and verbal communication, particularly when communicating on an engagement to a wide range of stakeholders from senior management to technical teams.
- Ability to lead large projects including facilitating client workshops and coaching and mentoring more junior team members.
- Demonstrated experience of at least one of the following:
- performing IT audits
- delivery of IT risk related services
- Track record of leading teams
- Demonstrated ability to apply structured thinking and analysis techniques to complex problems
- Knowledge of global frameworks and standards such as COBIT, ITIL and PCAOB Auditing Standards
- Knowledge of major ERP applications (e.g. SAP, Oracle) is preferred
- Appropriate tertiary qualification (accounting, commerce, information systems, IT or related)
- Experience at a ‘Big 4’ Audit or Management Consultancy firm in a similar capacity preferred
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognized as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now