Director- Governance, Risk & Controls Advisory
Job no: 510701
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Division: Audit, Assurance & Risk Consulting
- Choose the way you want to work by embracing our flexible work arrangements.
- Be a key member of a leading team that advises high profile clients on operational and strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with sector and technical experts to grow your knowledge and network to increase your professional profile.
- Advise leading organisations on the unprecedented wave of increasing expectation around managing their risks, behavioural change and spiralling compliance costs.
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
A key component of KPMG's Audit, Assurance and Risk Consulting practice is our Governance, Risk and Controls Advisory (GRCA) Team. We work with the boards and management of Australia’s largest and best organisations to support the organisation’s strategic and operational priorities, manage and oversee their risks and build resilience into the future.
Due to current growth and increasing client demand, we are currently recruiting for a Director within the GRCA with a specific focus on the Financial Services Sector
Your new role
With significant growth ahead, we are looking to recruit experienced Directors to join our Melbourne practice. You will support and drive our strategy by:
- Manage the delivery of complex projects including project management, key client deliverables, drafting client reports and presentations, liaising with senior leadership and external advisors
- Simplify highly complex business situations and strategies to identify key issues and priorities and effectively and efficiently manage multidisciplinary teams to deliver innovative solutions for clients
- Build and maintain key client relationships, identifying opportunities for future service delivery, developing propositions and leading business development initiatives
- Develop and participate in work teams consisting of representatives from GRCA and other groups across KPMG.
Experience in operational risk and risk control assessment, conduct and compliance or customer remediation programmes, predominately in large banking organisations in Australia or overseas would be desirable.
You bring to the role
- Qualifications with a strong risk management or regulatory background. With approximately 10+ years of relevant business experience gained in Professional Services, Banking or Financial Services Industry
- Deep Financial Services industry experience and understanding of the financial and regulatory reporting systems and requirements, including key concepts in relation to data governance
- Strong operational risk and risk control assessment experience, predominately in large banking organisations in Australia or overseas.
- Prior experience leading a Risk function is desirable
- A commercial and analytical mindset with complex problem-solving skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and present your ideas with impact to clients and other key stakeholders
- Experience in leading teams and providing training and guidance to build performance
- Project management skills including experience in making strategic decisions across multiple engagements
The KPMG Difference
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now