Defence Transformational Program Management - Senior Consultants and Managers.
Job no: 509473
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Melbourne, Canberra
Division: Management Consulting
- How you grow matters!
- Strategically partner on significant defence and government reform/ transformations
- Tackle Australia’s most interesting and challenging defence problems
- Immerse yourself in our inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Clear career development opportunities
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. In Canberra, we are a team based practice and this extends to our clients whom we work and collaborate with, in solving complex problems. Together, we design, innovate and implement, providing enduring advice that support our clients and the services they deliver. Our clients vary in size and come from a diverse range of sectors – all sharing in a common goal: to embrace change and deliver services that make Australia a better place. We are looking for talented individuals who would like to join us on the journey.
The Transformational Program Management (TPM) team within KPMG is a key part of our capability and has been involved in some of Australia’s key nation building reform and transformation programs. We know that realising organisational change and improvement requires more than transactional project management – it takes an ability to manage complexity and find clarity in linking strategic objectives to implementation activities and ensuring effective stakeholder engagement results in pragmatic decision making. We know that creating this requires people who are results driven, understand project and program management principles, are prepared to think critically and who are committed to helping our clients navigate their way through to success.
We are proud to offer our team a supportive and collaborative work environment, training and development opportunities, as well as clear career progression pathways.
As a valuable member of our high performing team, you will apply your project, program or portfolio management experience, to initiate and deliver engagements to support our Defence clients. Your responsibilities may include:
- Establishing and managing key project and program management documents and processes
- Taking ownership of small to medium sized projects, with help from senior team members
- Assisting in setting up governance frameworks for transformational programs and Project Management Offices (PMOs)
- Developing and supporting project and program performance status reports
- Assisting with program communication and stakeholder engagement
- Successfully deliver client-based transformation programs.
- Supporting KPMG Project Management Office teams ensuring that project planning, execution, dependencies and controls are properly integrated in large and complex transformation projects.
- Bringing together powerful teams from across our firm with deep experience in People & Change, Customer Analytics & Design, Policy & Evaluation, Digital Transformation, Technology Strategy & Enablement and Financial Management.
- Providing leadership to build the capacity of our delivery teams and integrating capabilities from across the firm, to ensure client engagements are delivered to the highest quality by implementing the right program and project management disciplines.
- Leading either traditional or agile deliveries based on your deep practical knowledge of leading methodologies such as Prince2/MSP and Scrum/SAFe.
How you are Extraordinary?
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems thinking and analysis techniques to complex challenges
- Enjoy complexity and ambiguity and bringing innovative ideas to solve challenges
- Certification in Methods such as PRINCE2, AGILE, PMBOK, MSP, MOP.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Background and interest in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Portfolio, Program or Project management
- Operating Model transformation
- Governance – tactical, operational and strategic
- Risk & Issue Management
- Benefits Management
- IT Service Management and Transition Management
You should also be an Australian Citizen or have the ability to obtain a government security clearance.
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now