- Help us bring innovation to the way we work and the way we support our clients
- Tackle Australia’s most interesting and challenging government problems
- Thrive within a supportive, inclusive and collaborative team
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
KPMG Management Consulting - Who are we?
KPMG’s Management Consulting division partners with clients to help them address complex business problems to ensure sustainable business outcomes. From distilling ‘big data’ to reveal valuable insights to examining cost and policy drivers to enhance efficiencies, we take advantage of opportunities arising from technological innovation and changes in regulation, consumer behaviours, demographic trends and economic conditions, to improve the operational performance our clients and communities.
Why join our team? Hear from our people - Watch the Video above
The Costing and Profitability Analysis team focuses on providing financial analytical services to our clients. We partner to deliver services such as costing analysis, cost estimation, procurement, business case development, financial forecasting and monitoring.
As we continue to experience growth and client demand we’re now seeking experienced and talented individuals to join as Senior Consultants or Managers in our Canberra practice.
- Undertaking cost estimation and cost assurance projects;
- Financial forecasting and monitoring of large projects and organisations;
- Costing of business cases and new policy proposals;
- Activity Based Costing and/or cost recovery/attribution projects;
- Development of financial models;
- Financial and pricing aspects of large government procurement processes;
- You may be driving costing projects autonomously, so you will be able to seek out the information from stakeholders yourself;
- Writing board papers, reports, proposals and tenders.
How are you Extraordinary?
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Previous experience and deep understanding in
- Financial management or costing advisory services
- Contract interpretation and post-contract documentation (including legal documentation and specifications)
- Financial modelling and/or estimating
- Experience in client relationship management and business development
- An expert ability to analyse complex information and create effective solutions
- Knowledge of other commonly used software packages is expected (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project).
- Ability to work with detailed plans and specifications;
- Intermediate/ Advanced Computer Skills & Knowledge including financial modelling and/or estimating software
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Current or prior Big 4/Consultancy experience is highly valued
- An inherent passion for data and analytics
- Qualifications in Accounting, Commerce, Finance, Business or Engineering
Supporting your experience, you should also be an Australian Citizen or the ability to obtain a government security clearance.
The KPMG Difference
At KPMG, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ages, religions, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, those with a disability, women and people with a cultural or linguistically diverse background.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life.
KPMG has a decade-long, proud commitment to Indigenous Australia, as demonstrated by the achievement of an Elevate level Reconciliation Action Plan. KPMG is a foundation member and Principal Partner of Pride in Diversity started in Australia by ACON and the Diversity Council of Australia and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace. KPMG Australia has been consistently recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) annual index.
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!